|Player Code of Conduct|
Player Code of Conduct
The JGAA provides a worthwhile activity which can be pursued throughout life and which helps develop character and good sportsmanship.
The JGAA Code of Conduct is a guideline for junior golfers to follow throughout the tournaments, both on and off the course. It is not intended to scare players, but to help JGAA participants understand the consequences of their actions.
Specific Penalties will be assessed for the following:
· A 2-stroke penalty will be assessed every time a participant leaves litter on the course property and fails to pick up litter found on the course.
· A 2-stroke penalty will be assessed every time a participant fails to replace a divot, repair a ball mark or fails to rake a bunker.
Any of the following behavior will result in a warning. Flagrant and subsequent violations will result in disqualification. Repeated infractions will result in suspension of membership:
· Lack of respect for others
· Improper attire (see dress code)
· Use of electronic devises (includes walkmans, radios, MP3 players, beepers and mobile phones) are prohibited during the round of play. Devises may be used before and after the round. This policy applies to scorekeepers and caddies.
The following violation are always considered flagrant and as such, they will result in automatic disqualification:
· Lack of respect for volunteers or officials
· Damage to course or course property
· Smoking or use of tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs
· Throwing clubs
· Obscene, abusive or vulgar language