|Parent's Code of Conduct|
Parents Code of Conduct
The JGAA has numerous spectator events and encourages parents to come and watch their children play. When you come to watch your son or daughter play in an JGAA tournament, you should keep in mind that the competition is between him or her and the rest of the field. You should never involve yourself with the players in any way that could be considered unethical or impolite. As such, please observe the following regulations:
· Minimize all contact between yourself and the players, including your own child. If you wish to hand your child a drink or some other item they might need, feel free to do so, but keep all conversations brief and make sure you are not giving any advice to your child. Any parent who gives advice will be immediately asked to leave the course and your actions could result in a penalty being assessed to your child.
· In general keep a reasonable distance from the players. Do NOT walk down the fairway with them.
· Do NOT go on the greens or tees.
· If you walk ahead of the group, do not position yourself in a manner that would give your child some information on how to play a shot.
· If you walk with the group, keep to the side of play. Please do not walk down the fairway behind the group as it might hold up the group behind.
· Be aware of other groups on the golf course at all times.
· ALL cell phones are prohibited on the golf course.
· Please help look for potentially lost balls. It can help speed up play and help the group avoid a pace of play penalty.
If you violate these policies one of our officials will speak with you and if the violation is serious enough, you might be asked to leave the course. Please enjoy your day on the course and do not cause your child embarrassment by your behavior.